Day 3: This morning I finally decided on an idea for my final project! I have started creating a wiki page for one of my classes to post the vocabulary for each unit throughout the year. Students will sign up for a topic, and then in their groups (no more than 3 students per topic) they will be responsible for posting the vocabulary for that unit on the class wiki. This way, there is a resource for students to use if they lose a handout, or to use at the end of the year to help study for the final exam. I am excited about this project because it is something I actually plan on using in my classes this coming school year! The only thing is that I have four classes, so I will have to make a separate (but identical) wiki for each class, because 100 students posting vocab on only one wiki would be too much. So now I have to figure out how to make additional wikis and how to make them all identical (at least to start). Lots of tweaking to do...
This morning we also used Skype to have a conversation with Karen from San Francisco! It was a great way to have a chat -- more fun than the phone because you can see the person, and it's free! My brother is leaving for a big trip to Tunis, then Sweden, then Indonesia in a few weeks, so this would be a great way to communicate with him -- much more personal than email, and cheaper than buying an international cell phone. The only trouble is that I don't have a camera on my computer at home (I have a 3 year old PC) like these fancy new Mac's do, so I will have to look into that. I love the idea, though, and hope I can make it work! It would be a great way to keep in touch with my bro.
No comments:
Post a Comment